New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Cloudflare verification is breaking the internet - Hindi english news

Hindi english news

You get hindi and english news everyday with best content

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday, April 28, 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Cloudflare verification is breaking the internet

Tell HN: Cloudflare verification is breaking the internet
157 by statquontrarian | 104 comments on Hacker News.
Across many different pages including science journals, ChatGPT, and many others, CloudFlare verification goes into an infinite loop of: 1. "Verify you are a human" 2. Check the box or perform some other type of rain dance 3. "Please stand by, while we are checking your browser..." 4. Repeat step 1 I'm on Fedora Linux 37 using Firefox 110. The workaround is to use Chrome. After experiencing this dozens of times and getting annoyed of needing to use Chrome, I finally went and deleted all my cookies and cache which I had been dreading to do. It did not help. I don't have a CloudFlare account so I wrote up a detailed post on their community forums. I offered a HAR file and was willing to do diagnostics. It received no responses and it was auto-closed. It's unacceptable that CloudFlare is breaking the internet while offering no community support. Edit: I'm in Texas. I'm not using a VPN or Tor, just AT&T Fiber. I don't have ad-blockers. No weird extensions. Nothing special (besides being on Linux). Edit2: Since this got traction, I opened a new community post: https://ift.tt/gkChI29 To be clear, I'm not against CloudFlare doing DDoS protection, etc., but it can't be breaking the internet while ignoring community posts on it . Edit3: The CloudFlare team has engaged. Thank you HN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maryland 5th Congressional District Primary Election Results

By Unknown Author from NYT U.S. https://ift.tt/C1PB7tX

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages